It’s no secret that the city of College Station’s population is growing exponentially. With that growth comes the need for new schools, and thus new attendance zones. Overcrowding at both the intermediate and middle school levels have spurred the addition of Pecan Trail Intermediate School, located on Greens Prairie Trail, opening its doors August 2017, and middle school #3 and elementary school #10 opening in August 2018.
CSISD and the Board of Trustess work diligently to meet the needs of its ever growing student population, and on Wednesday, August 31 they will hear the recommendation from the CSISD Boundary Adjustment Committee for new intermediate and middle school zoning.
Parameters used to adjust attendance zones per the CSISD website:
- Zone schools for a comparable composition of students
- Zone schools for growth
- Maximize the capacity of existing campuses
- Ensure splitting middle schools does not disadvantage a school
Three public forums will be held to allow for community feedback:
- Tuesday, September 6 7:00 pm CSISD Transportation Center (9304 Rock Prairie Road)
- Wednesday, September 7, noon CSISD Transportation Center
- Monday, September 12, 5:30 pm, CSISD Boardroom (1812 Welsh Avenue)
Following the public forums the committee’s final recommendation will be presented Tuesday, September 20.